I made it!!!!!! I survived all 6 days of being back at work😬
My thoughts on going back to work for just 6 days….
- Aviana has grown and changed a lot in 1 week. Well she’s always grown and changed a lot in 1 week I just never noticed it quite so much!
- I missed Aviana. I appreciated those night time feeds a lot more. I didn’t want to let her go.
- I didn’t miss Aviana. I didn’t miss trying to figure out what she wanted.
- Aviana drank my scalded milk!!! Woohoo!! Problem solved! Chris also figured out how to give her a bottle without crying and fussing…by holding her with a pillow.
- Pumping sucks. It takes some time and the room they offered me after the many interruptions was not ideal. But it was also only temporary. When I go back full time properly in May they told me they will find a new dedicated lactation/privacy room. I told the facilities manager what would ideally be needed. Chair, power outlet, refrigerator, table, nice to haves – sink, & microwave.
- I’m not sure what I’m going to do about exercising during the week in the future because rather than exercise at lunchtime I will be pumping!
- Chris makes a wonderful SAHD.
- I enjoyed intellectual conversations this week!!!
Now time for some well deserved vino!!!!